|Key Points |
- If you haven't already, Take a writing class. English Comp will fit the bill.
- Take a creative writing class. It will forces effective, vivid writing skills...
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your troop is YOU!
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real fast in MS Word.
- Military Writing is different from Civilian writing. Wrong! Sentence structure, subject-verb-predicate, remains the same.
- I don't have to write until I am a (fill in a Rank). Wrong! If you haven't learned by now, most people are lazy! If you can give your supervisor a package, group of accomplishments, etc. the better off you will be.
- Each service branch has a different way to write. Wrong! Writing is writing. Each branch may look for a specific structure, but ultimately it follows Action-Impact.