Request Change of Reporting Date for PCS
|Key Points to Writing |
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for you troops is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real fast in MS Word.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. If you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM FOR CPD/CC
FROM: TSgt LName, FName MI., FR 123-45-6789
SUBJECT: Request Change of Reporting Date for PCS
1. I request a change to my current reporting date to Robins AFB, GA. From 30 Jul 01 to 15 Sep 01. The original notification was sent from Randolph AFB to Maxwell’s MPF on June 11th, but due to personnel moves at the MPF and the MILMOD system being down, I was not notified until 20 June 01.
2. This short notice will cause a severe financial hardship. I purchased a home when I arrived here a year and a half ago and need time to clear it out and prepare to put it on the market, i.e.: repairs, painting, and contracting with a realtor. I cannot reasonably accomplish these things in under 60 days
3. The individual I am replacing at Robins AFB, GA is retiring 30 Nov 01 and this should allow adequate time to allow for a good change over.
XXXXXXX X. XXXX, TSgt, USAF
1st Ind, CPD/CC
TO: 42 MSS/DPMAR
I concur/nonconcur with this request.
XXXXX X.XXXXX, Col, USAF
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.