Family’s Recent Loss
|Key Points to Writing |
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your troops is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real fast in MS Word.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. If you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
(BASE, STATE, ZIP CODE)
(MEMBER'S RANK AND FULL NAME)
(CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE)
Dear (MEMBER'S RANK AND LAST NAME)
On behalf of the men and women of the (UNIT), please accept our condolences for your family’s recent loss. We all understand how difficult times like this are and want to reassure you that we will provide you the support you need. If there is anything more we can do for you or your family, please let us know
(COMMANDER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK)
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.