Basic Military Training (BMT) FAQ
- Where is Air Force basic training?
- What documents do I bring to BMT?
- What should I bring to basic?
Q: Where is Air Force basic training?
A: Basic is located at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.
[ Back to Top ]
Q: What documents do I bring to BMT?
To complete all of your military records, you will need to bring some items with you to basic training. Better to be safe than sorry so, bring any paperwork you think may be useful during your processing. Below is a list of the minimum documents you should bring if you have them:
- Civilian eyeglasses Contact lenses/case
- College transcripts
- Driver's license
- Social Security Card
- Marriage license
- Dependent's birth records
- JROTC/ROTC certificates
- Civil Air Patrol certificates
- Naturalization papers
- Alien Card
- Enlistment contract
- Any important paperwork relating to your prescriptions
- Banking Information (routing number, account number, bank name/address)
[ Back to Top ]
Q: What should I bring to basic?
A: Required Items (All)
All recruits are required to have the following items. Don't worry, if you don't bring them with you, as you will be allowed to purchase the items on arrival. Cost of purchase will come out of your military pay.
- Ball-point pens (black or blue)
- Deodorant (aerosol)
- Toothpaste (NOT A TUB)
- Notebook and paper
- Black shoe polish
- Shine brush/cloth
- Shower shoes
- Soap (highly recommend liquid)
- Soap tray (if bar soap is used)
Required Items (Males)
- Shaving Equipment (DISPOSABLE) (do not take a electric or non-disposable razor
- Shaving cream (something easy to clean - Edge Works)
Required Items (Females)
- Sanitary napkins/tampons
- Bras/sport bras
- Hair bands, bobby pins, etc.
- Brushes or combs
- Nylons/panty hose (6 WOT)
Optional Items (All)
As with the required items, you'll have an opportunity to purchase any or all of the optional items upon arrival, with the cost of the times comin
Page Updated on: 29 January 2007