Example SrA BTZ Nomination
|Key Points to Writing |
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for you troops is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real fast in MS Word.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example is from a Word doc. If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. If you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
MEMORANDUM FOR SRA BELOW-THE-ZONE (BTZ) CENTRAL BASE BOARD
SUBJECT: SrA BTX Nomination – A1C <FIRST LAST>
AIC <First Last> is nominated for BTZ selection based on the following achievements:
- Provided technical expertise in engineering communication requirements for relocation of
Distributed Ground Station ## mission shelters; saved Air Force $500K in engineering, install cost
- Procured and installed over $75K of fiber optic material; built cable trays and ladders—efforts
made this critical project an overwhelming success—kept project on-time and under budget
- Completed early warning U-2 communications link upgrade; spent numerous hours debugging
secure voice circuits; enabled completion of an 18-month project that eluded senior technicians
-- Provided ### pilots awareness of hostile forces; enabled them to travel unmolested over Balkans
- Succeeded again where others had not; installed Mobile Stretch alarms; secured Top Secret assets
- Took Responsibility for deployed site fire safety—obtained fire extinguishers for inspection and
service, mounted and redistributed items; high-priority commander’s tasking for water-less site
- Relocated secret communication system; made building improvements to meet security needs
- Maintained a $50K Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) account while deployed
- Reorganized site COMSEC program to bolster compliance due to previous unsatisfactory rating
-- Reviewed, identified and corrected documentation discrepancies; turned the program around
- Supported Operation JOINT FORGE—received NATO Medal, Armed Forces Service Medal
- ####’s April “Technician of the Month” for superior performance on high-visibility projects
- Received intensive training on COMSEC; trained seven airman on COMSEC responsibilities
- Completed Career Development Course 40% ahead of schedule; finished ahead of peers
- Contributed 90 hours as a volunteer income tax assistant; airman able to do taxes free of charge
- Improved rapport with Italian hosts while deployed by playing sports, built greater camaraderie
##########, LTC, USAF
This was a winning package.