Letters to the Family
Family Member has been Awarded
|Key Points to Writing |
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for your troops is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real fast in MS Word.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example has been taken out of a Word. If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. If you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these letters has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please treat yourself to something special from one of the ads on the page. We will both get something out of it. (All money gathered pays for hosting fees and domain fees. HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copy Directly on to Unit Letter Head!
(BASE, STATE, ZIP CODE)
(CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE)
Dear (MR./MRS. LAST NAME)
I am pleased to inform you that your (SON/DAUGHTER and/or HUSBAND/WIFE), (NAME), has been awarded the (NAME OF THE AWARD) for (HIS/HER) outstanding contribution to (UNIT/BRANCH OF SERVICE). (NAME) was recognized specifically for (EXPLAIN IN ONE OR TWO LINES WHY HE/SHE RECEIVED THE AWARD).
(NAME) is truly a credit to you, (HIMSELF/HERSELF) and the (BRANCH OF SERVICE).
(COMMANDER'S SIGNATURE BLOCK)
Reminder, the closing line is 5 spaces below the last line of text.