Military Writing - Dec Examples
Board Recommendation Memo for Joint Service (Medal)
|Key Points to Writing |
- WRITE!!! The more you do it, the better you get.
- Ask for HELP, the only person looking out for #1 is you.
- The only person looking out for you troops is YOU!
- Use a spell checker. F7 works real fast in MS Word.
- Use various writing resources like Merriam-Webster Online to improve your vocabulary.
The following Example has been taken from a Word Doc. I have changed mission information to protect myself and the people I have received the information from. I will attempt to give a little insight to the entire process if I know it.
If you have anything you would like to submit, please do so. Also, if you have found this information useful, please let me know. Everyone of these items has taken considerable amount of time to put together. Please use the ads on this site to help support the site. All money gathered pays for hosting fees and domain fees. (HONESTLY, when I see money come in it also prompts me to work harder on the site.)
Copied from MS Word:
<<Insert Official Letter Head>>
MEMORANDUM THRU (Your National Support Element) (DATE)
FOR HQ, RC South, AFSOUTH, ATTN: ACAS-SSC PSC 813, BOX 156,
FPO AE 09620
SUBJECT: Recommendation for Award of the (recommended award)
1. Under the provisions of DoD 1348.33-M, 16 January 1998, the following Service Member is recommended for award of the (recommended award):
a. (Rank/Grade, name, Service, and Social Security Number.)
c. (Title and duty assignment at the time of act or service. Include Service, Joint Manpower Program paragraph, line number, and/or Joint Duty Authorization List number, as applicable).
d. (Inclusive dates for which recommended).
e. Service Member to be (reassigned permanent change of station on DEROS), (relieved from active duty on ETS).
f. (If presentation is desired before departure, state required presentation date and provide complete mailing address. If the decoration, and certificate are to be hand carried by a representative of the unit, provide name and telephone number of contact).
g. (Previous Department of Defense awards and inclusive dates, if the Service member has previous DoD Awards attach copies of the citations, or the award will not be considered).
h. No other award for this Service Member for this action is pending, and no previous award has been made for the act or service described herein. (It is the responsibility of the recommending official to ensure compliance with this policy).
2. Attached is a narrative description of (achievement performed or service rendered):
Instructions: the narrative should be no longer than three single spaced typewritten pages with size 13 font and should provide specific, factual, and concrete examples of exactly what the Service Member did, how it was done, what benefits or results were realized, and why or how much benefits or results significantly exceeded superior performance of duty.
3. POC for this memorandum is the undersigned at (Recommender’s Name)
2 ENCLS JOHN H. DOE (Recommender’s Signature)
1. Narrative CPT USA
2. Supporting Documentation Company Commander