This year's Airman Basic entering Basic Military Training
* Was born in 1985-6.
* Never saw the long sleeve blue shirt, without epaulets.
* Wouldn't know what service ever wore a dark blue shirt.
* Never wore fatigues, or cut off their utility uniform sleeves.
* Never saw an E-4 NCO.
* DOES remember the shuttle exploding, on approach not departure.
* Has never used a computer storage disk larger than 3.25", or ever measured memory with Kilobytes.
* Wasn't around when "smart bombs" were not so smart.
* Choose between contacts or corrective lens surgery, instead of BC glasses.
* Has never seen a metal desk at work.
* Has never lived in a world without GPS.
* Wonders what navigators were for.
* Can't imagine having to share their dorm room.
* Has never pulled KP, CQ, or likely ever worked a base detail.
* Has never been in a squadron without carpeting, and wouldn't know what to do with a floor buffer.
* Is curious to know how we lived without e-mail or Yahoo.
* Has never "dialed" a phone.
* They were born long after we lost Elvis, John, and The Duke.
* Nobody has ever shot at our president in their lifetime.
* They have never seen a KC-135 or B-52 "burn water".
* They were 4 when we invaded Panama, 5 when the Cold War ended, 6 when SAC, TAC, and MAC went away.
* They have never filed a voucher and waited for the cash.
Insight added on: 20 January 2005