| Bookmark Site | Submit Item | Search | Email Page | Send Comment


For the future.

Under certain circumstances, special extra earnings for your military service from 1940 through 2001 can be credited to your record for Social Security purposes. These extra earnings may help you qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of your Social Security benefit.

Special extra earnings are granted for periods of active duty or active duty for training. Social Security cannot add these extra credits to your record until you file for Social Security benefits(the program was done away with in January 2002).

Up to $1200 per year of earnings credit (see below website for more detail) Credited at time of application

Bring in DD-214 to Social Security Office - As always you must ask for this benefit to receive it!

Soc Sec website:

Send me Comments and Suggestions

Page added on: 19 February 2007

Feel Free to review the Terms and Conditions of this site.